When your appliance breaks down, the first thing that comes to mind may be to take it apart and figure it out. Or perhaps you think about the money and time required to go find a new appliance. No one wants that. But you certainly don't think it is no big deal. Because we live in a society where the pace is fast, and appliances help us keep the pace. That is precisely why you need an appliance repair professional when an instrument goes caput.
That said, there are some things you can do to help your appliances run and continue running smoothly. In this article, we will not only discuss why you need a professional for appliance repair. We will also touch on preventative maintenance and at-home ways to care for your appliances.
In the meantime, you may want to go ahead and call your local appliance repair technician or the friendly folks at Optimal Appliance Repair.
Benefits of an Appliance Repair Professional
An appliance repair professional is key to keeping your appliances longer and running smoothly. Yes, it requires a phone call and an appointment time. And you may need to pay for the time and some parts. But the alternative is a clothesline or a whole new dryer expense. And let's face it; the clothesline is not an option for your busy family.
So, here are the benefits of hiring an appliance repair professional when you begin to have problems with that dryer, washer, refrigerator, or other appliance.
- We have the experience. Honestly, this is what we do all day. We are experts at looking or listening to appliances and hearing the problem at hand. Use us for our knowledge and experience.
- Our trucks are fully stocked. Most appliance repairs take standard parts like gaskets, hoses, and filters. We come with all the tools and small parts you need to get the job done the same day. If there is a part we do not have, we can get it and schedule a time to come back and finish the repair.
- We work quickly for you. Our technicians understand the importance of getting that sports uniform cleaned before the big game. We will do all in our power to work swiftly and efficiently so the game can go on.
- You save money. When you do not really have to replace an appliance, you save money. With our quick arrival time, you save the food in the fridge, saving you money. When the dryer doesn't take four times to dry in one load anymore, you save energy, which saves money. You see, a repair saves you money in the long run.
- We save you time. When you have to take the time to research, read through the manual, take time out of your day, and watch the video to even begin the repair, an appliance repair professional saves you time. Not to mention, you will not have to go back and forth from the local hardware store for parts.
- You'll get the best results from a professional repair. Yes, an appliance repair professional knows their stuff. We know just how to get that repair done the right way for you and your family. What's more, we will inspect the entire machine while there to help keep the device in tip-top shape.
- Convenience is key. Listen, it is not as if you will lug the machine into the local repair shop. Of course not. We come to you and schedule at your convenience. You can work, rest, play, or do whatever you do while we care for the problem appliance for you.
So, go ahead. Give your local appliance repair professional a call to inspect and repair your appliances today. And if you are in the Washington, DC area, contact the professionals at Optimal Appliance Repair for the service you can rely on.
Preventative Maintenance for Your Appliance
To maintain optimal health in your appliances and the optimal running of the business of your home, consistent appliance maintenance is necessary. If you want your days to flow smoothly from task to task and your appliances to work while you are busy doing other things, here are the things we can do to help.
We maintain your appliances to improve efficiency.
As machines age, natural wear and tear slow efficiency. Unfortunately, that will cost you time and money. Scheduling consistent appliance maintenance with an appliance repair company can catch those little things that may significantly impact efficiency. For example, checking the filters in AC units or dryers and removing debris improves airflow and decreases the motor's pull.
Appliance maintenance extends the lifespan of your devices.
This is true with all the machinery in our lives. Having regular tune-ups and oil changes on the car prolongs the life of the vehicle. In fact, regular checkups extend our human lives as well. So, yes, maintaining your appliances helps them live longer too.
Not only do unmaintained appliances burn too much energy, but they also burn themselves out faster. For example, your blocked-up dryer works harder and hotter than it's supposed to, which often leads to early failure. And your clogged dishwasher doesn't clean the dishes as it should, so you end up running it twice. Try regularly following the maintenance procedures printed in your appliances' owner's manuals. Doing so will keep them running well for much longer.
Put safety first.
One of the most important reasons for consistent appliance maintenance is to prevent safety hazards. For example, appliances run on gas or electricity, both of which can cause fires. Damaged wires, loose fittings, clogged valves, and cracked seals can start a fire in the home or appliance. Each year, thousands of house fires are caused by those malfunctioning appliances. But it is straightforward: the key to preventing damage or injury from appliance fires is routine appliance maintenance.
Maintenance avoids surprises.
When any one of your appliances malfunctions, it creates a domino effect on busy schedules. But most of the surprise repairs can be avoided when appliances are consistently maintained. Therefore, if you should run into trouble, call an experienced technician. When your machines are not operating correctly or for regular maintenance, we are here for you and your appliance needs.
Home Remedies for Appliance Repair
Furthermore, there are several things you can do as a homeowner to help your appliances run smoothly between maintenance and service calls. And at Optimal Appliance Repair, we think caring for your home appliances gives you pride in a job well done and time well spent.
That is why the experts at Optimal Appliance Repair have put together this guide to help you get you on the way to healthy machines in the home.
- Clean out the Refrigerator: Check expiration dates and throw out expired items. Wipe down the shelves and inside the fridge. See if the water filter needs to be replaced. And finally, dust off the coils and change the filter if you have one.
- Cleaning Stovetop: The stovetop could use a good scrub down no matter the type of range you have. Take off the knobs and clean under them. And don't forget about the sides between the stovetop and counter.
- Oven Care: If your oven has a self-clean setting, you are in luck. Set the cleaning timer and let it do its job. If not, get a good oven cleaner and some gloves and get to work.
- Wash the Dishwasher: Check the filter at the unit's bottom and ensure there is no residue or food particles. Make sure all lines and fittings are leak-free and tight. Then run the dishwasher empty with a cleaner to refresh the entire interior.
- Clean the Microwave: Take a large glass measuring cup of water and set it for two minutes. When the two minutes are up, leave the water in the microwave with the door closed for another few minutes. The steam created will loosen anything stuck inside the unit. Then wipe it out with a rag or a bit of vinegar and water.
- For Your Countertop Appliances: The mixer, the toaster, the coffee maker, and the waffle iron all could use some love after use. You can find plenty of how-to cleaning tips on the internet and the appliance manuals too.
- Don't Forget the Garbage Disposal: Clean the garbage disposal out with tabs purchased at the grocery store and hot water. Or you can put a quartered lemon in the disposal to freshen it up and keep the gunk to a minimum.
As you can see, it is really not difficult to help your appliances stay in tip-top working condition between regularly scheduled maintenance visits. Your technician and your devices will thank you for it.
Contact Us for Optimal Solutions and an Appliance Repair Professional
As a family-owned and operated company here in DC, we understand the importance of having working appliances at home. At Optimal Appliance Repair, we get out to you as soon as possible to resolve your home appliance problem. If we have the parts with us, we will fix it there and then. And if we don't, we'll be back, so you will never have to be without your home appliance for very long.
Contact your neighborhood appliance repair for excellent service and efficient appliances today.